French press travel mug may sound somewhat unfamiliar to some people when they first hear its name, but it is one of the easiest to make and least expensive options for coffee lovers.
Like with any other type of coffee, you need to familiarise yourself with proper equipment and brewing technique. You can also get yourself a French press travel mug, which will save you from the hassles of learning how to brew a good cup of coffee and buying a separate container to bring it on the road.
Yet, there are so many types of French presses currently available on the market, which can be a little confusing and even intimidating for non-professional coffee makers. For that reason, I have compiled a starter guide to help you choose the best suitable French press travel mug. Let’s jump right in to learn about this insanely useful invention!
- Why Should You Use French Press Travel Mugs?
- Materials Of French Press Travel Mugs
- Which Are The Best French Press Travel Mugs To Buy?
- French Press Travel Mug Comparison Chart 2023
- Top 15 Best French Press Travel Mug Reviews 2023
- 1. Bodum Stainless Steel French Press Travel Mug
- 2. AmoVee Stainless Steel French Press Travel Mug
- 3. GSI Outdoors Commuter JavaPress French Press Coffee Mug
- 4. Bobble On-The-Go French Press Travel Mug
- 5. ESPRO P1 Double Walled French Press Travel Mug
- 6. Bodum Insulated Plastic French Press Travel Mug
- 7. Betterbrew Portable Borosilicate Glass with Plunger French Press Travel Mug
- 8. Stanley Classic Stainless Steel BPA Free French Press Travel Mug
- 9. Planetary Design BruTrek 24 Ounce French Press Travel Mug
- 10. Zyliss HotMug Black French Press Travel Mug
- 11. Stanley Unisex Green French Press Travel Mug
- 12. Pressopump KOHIPRESS Micro-Filtration French Press Travel Mug
- 13. ESPRO Ultralight Double Walled French Press Travel Mug
- 14. DAVIDsTEA Loose Tea French Press Travel Mug
- 15. Leavitt Bay Coffee Portable French Press Travel Mug
- Buying Guide
- My Top Pick
Why Should You Use French Press Travel Mugs?
Have you ever wondered why these French press travel mugs even existed? What are the reasons behind this invention? Let’s drill into the why question right away!
French press travel mug has emerged in recent years as a popular choice by those who want to self-brew and enjoy coffee like shop quality pressed coffee without any geographical or time-related restrictions. The idea is that you can brew and drink your coffee with the same vessel.
French press travel mug works perfectly for anyone who usually opts for a single-serve coffee or wants to make coffee wherever they are, for instance, at home in the early morning or an SUV on a road trip.
Easy to use, time-saving, and available for use anywhere are some favorable features of French presses that win many coffee lovers’ hearts.
Materials Of French Press Travel Mugs
Before you set out to pick a French press travel mug, doesn’t it make perfect sense to get to know what materials a French press travel mug is usually made of so you can choose what best suits your needs? Let’s see what we’ve got here:
Glass French-Press Travel Mug
Glass French press travel mugs can be a good choice for anyone who just takes up brewing pressed coffee or doesn’t want to spend a fortune on a French press.
Affordable as they are, French glass presses can be quite fragile, so you must use them with care if you decide to bring one home. You also need to look up if your French press brand sells replacement parts if your glass carafe breaks.
Glass French presses are generally easy to clean, and some can be washed in a dishwasher. They usually come in many colors and designs, which is of great help to anyone who treats them as an embellishment to their pantry.
Keep in mind that glass is not the best insulation material, so you better gulp down all your coffee before it turns cold in no time.
Metal French Press Travel Mug
Metal French press travel mugs that double as a coffee maker are chosen by many due to their shiny, spotless Instagrammable look and powerful functions.
Many metal French presses on the market have double-wall construction, meaning that they are well-insulated and can maintain your coffee hot for a fairly long time.
They are hard to break yet easy to clean, given that a lot of French metal presses are dishwasher safe. Metal French press travel mugs are quite pricey compared to their glass counterparts but certainly a worthwhile investment considering their versatility and impressive performance.
Plastic French Press Travel Mug
Plastic French press travel mug has a huge advantage over French presses made of other materials in terms of weight. The plastic ones are generally lighter and easier to carry around, but they can also make your drinks lose their original taste quickly.
French press travel mug that has a plastic build is mostly BPA-free, so it is completely fine to contain drinks inside. Besides, food-grade nylon is another material that can be used to build a solid French press travel mug.
Whatever material you may prefer, make sure you go for a really good one that is built to last and worth every penny of yours!
Which Are The Best French Press Travel Mugs To Buy?
Let’s begin the search for your best French press travel mugs, starting with an overview of my recommended ones.
Speaking of French presses, Bodum is the top choice that delivers an impressive and balanced on-the-go brewing performance.
There’s also a French press made of 304 stainless steel and borosilicate glass from Veken with years of experience in producing premium, high-quality, and functional household products.
Another one that makes this list is from Bobble, which promises a good-looking and convenient French press suitable for your carrying around.
All the French presses have their uniqueness for specific needs and preferences. Are you ready to get to know these 9 French press travel mugs inside out, from their specifications to must-know pros/cons? Let’s get down to business!
- Best Overall: Bodum Stainless Steel French Press Travel Mug
“All-round French press. Brewing on the go. Stainless steel with double construction. Silicone non-slip grip. Dishwasher safe. Available in gold color.”
- Best Budget: AmoVee Stainless Steel French Press Travel Mug
“Budget-friendly. High-quality BPA-free plastic. Leakproof lid. Sleek and compact design. Brewing wherever you are. Suitable for individual use.”
- Best Design: GSI Outdoors Commuter JavaPress French Press Coffee Mug
“Made of BPA-free plastic. Wrapping cloth for improved comfort and grip. Well-designed spillproof cap. Dishwasher friendly. 3 basic colors available.”
- Best Convenient: Bobble On-The-Go French Press Travel Mug
“On-the-go chic design. Suitable for all-day carry. Triple insulation. Good heat retention. Dishwasher friendly. Coffee ready after 3 minutes.”
- Best Stainless Steel: ESPRO P1 Double Walled French Press Travel Mug
“Top-quality stainless steel. Micro-filter system included. No flavor transfer. Double-walled insulation. The top-rack dishwasher is safe. The individual size of 12 oz.”
- Best Plastic: Bodum Insulated Plastic French Press Travel Mug
“Made of BPA-free plastic. Double-wall construction. Good heat retention. Silicone non-slip grip. Dishwasher safe. Comes in multiple vibrant colors.”
- Best Portable: Betterbrew Portable Borosilicate Glass with Plunger French Press Travel Mug
“Portable French press. Elegant design. Double-wall with borosilicate glass. Plastic cover for cool touching. Perfect for travelers and commuters.”
- Best Heat Retention: Stanley Classic Stainless Steel BPA Free French Press Travel Mug
“Superior heat retention. Double-layered 18/10 stainless steel. Dishwasher safe. Perfect for outdoors. Compatible with car cup holders. Lifetime guarantee.”
- Best Versatility: Planetary Design BruTrek 24 Ounce French Press Travel Mug
“Highly versatile. Brew numerous beverages. Superior insulation. Great leakproof ability. Exclusive Bru-Stop technology. Perfect for gifting.”
- Best With Lids: Zyliss HotMug Black French Press Travel Mug
“A real Swiss delight. Built with nylon. Solid spill-proof lid. Double-walled insulation. 12 oz single-serving. Available in classic black.”
- Best for Capacity: Stanley Unisex Green French Press Travel Mug
“Huge capacity of 48 oz. 18/10 stainless steel. Features a wide mouth and a handle. Classic Hammertone green. Easy clean-up.”
- Best Sludge Free: Pressopump KOHIPRESS Micro-Filtration French Press Travel Mug
“Made of stainless steel. Double layered insulation. Superior steel mesh filter. Flip-top spout equipped. Perfect for daily commute. 12 oz capacity.”
- Best Lightweight: ESPRO Ultralight Double Walled French Press Travel Mug
“Ultralight. Built with brushed stainless steel. Grit-free coffee guaranteed. No unwanted bitterness. Compact and sleek design.”
- Best for Tea: DAVIDsTEA Loose Tea French Press Travel Mug
“Specially designed for pressed tea. Double-walled stainless steel. Splashproof flip lid. BPA-free Tritan press. Built-in mesh infuser for clean-tasting tea.”
- Best Flavor Preservation: Leavitt Bay Coffee Portable French Press Travel Mug
“Remarkable flavor preservation. Made of combined high-quality materials. Highly portable and leakproof. Ideal for outdoor personal uses. Full lifetime warranty.”
French Press Travel Mug Comparison Chart 2023
Let’s take a look at the differences among 9 best French press travel mugs that have been introduced in the previous section:
|Best French Press Travel Mugs||Dimension||Weight||Capacity||Material|
|Bodum Stainless Steel French Press Travel Mug - Best Overall||2.88 x 3.63 x 7.25 inches||0.73 pounds||12 Oz. Fl.||Stainless steel, plastic rubber|
|AmoVee Stainless Steel French Press Travel Mug - Best Budget||2.6 x 2.6 x 10.2 inches||0.64 pounds||12 Oz. Fl.||Plastic|
|GSI Outdoors Commuter JavaPress French Press Coffee Mug - Best Design||3.8 x 3 x 7.8 inches||0.33 pounds||15 Oz. Fl.||BPA-free plastic|
|Bobble On-The-Go French Press Travel Mug - Best Convenient||3.2 x 3.2 x 7.2 inches||0.87 pounds||13 Oz. Fl.||Stainless steel|
|ESPRO P1 Double Walled French Press Travel Mug - Best Stainless Steel||2.83 x 2.83 x 8.06 inches||0.76 pounds||0.35 Liter||Stainless steel|
|Bodum Insulated Plastic French Press Travel Mug - Best Plastic||3.5 x 3.5 x 9.1 inches||0.65 pounds||0.45 Liters||Plastic|
|Betterbrew Portable Borosilicate Glass with Plunger French Press Travel Mug - Best Portable||10.9 x 4.3 x 4.2 inches||1.05 pounds||14.88 Oz. Fl.||Plastic|
|Stanley Classic Stainless Steel BPA Free French Press Travel Mug - Best Heat Retention||9.21 x 3.74 x 3.11 inches||1.17 pounds||16 Oz. Fl.||18/10 stainless steel|
|Planetary Design BruTrek 24 Ounce French Press Travel Mug - Best Versatility||3 x 3 x 6.75 inches||14.4 ounces||20 Oz. Fl.||Stainless steel|
|Zyliss HotMug Black French Press Travel Mug - Best With Lids||4.76 x 3.5 x 4.49 inches||0.44 pounds||12 Oz. Fl.||Nylon|
|Stanley Unisex Green French Press Travel Mug - Best for Capacity||12 x 8 x 6 inches||1.15 pounds||48 Oz. Fl.||18/10 stainless steel|
|Pressopump KOHIPRESS Micro-Filtration French Press Travel Mug - Best Sludge Free||2.7 x 2.7 x 10.6 inches||50 milligrams||12 Oz. Fl.||Stainless steel and BPA-Free plastic|
|ESPRO Ultralight Double Walled French Press Travel Mug - Best Lightweight||2.76 x 2.76 x 9.45 inches||0.46 pounds||16 Oz. Fl.||Stainless steel, Polypropylene, Silicone|
|DAVIDsTEA Loose Tea French Press Travel Mug - Best for Tea||2.95 x 2.95 x 9.13 inches||0.8 pounds||16 Oz. Fl.||Stainless steel|
|Leavitt Bay Coffee Portable French Press Travel Mug - Best Flavor Preservation||3.5 x 3.5 x 7.5 inches||0.98 pounds||15 Oz. Fl.||Durable stainless steel, Rugged plastic, Soft rubber grip|
Top 15 Best French Press Travel Mug Reviews 2023
Choosing the best French press travel mug is no easy task as there are many alternatives available with various specifications and functions. Let’s drill into my top 15 best French press travel mugs right away!
1. Bodum Stainless Steel French Press Travel Mug
If you are looking for an all-around French press coffee travel mug, this item from BODUM is here to give you a cup of coffee that you deserve on the go.
Wherever you are, you can always grab a good coffee with this travel press. To start your coffee journey, you need to add coarsely ground coffee with hot water into the container, seal the lid, wait for just 4 minutes, and boom, your freshly made coffee is ready for consumption.
It is made of vacuum-sealed, double-wall construction that allows your single-serving drink to stay hot (or cold if you want) for a few hours. Compared to previous versions, this mug is dolled up with a fancy gold color that stays on the trend!
This one also had a spill-resistant lid, a built-in plunger, and a silicone, non-slip grip that makes it suitable for travel use and safe to touch while your beverage still maintains hot.
There’s no need to worry about common leaks that appear once in a while since this mug is 100% spill-proof once the spill-resistant lid is closed. This mug can hold 12 oz. of liquid and is dishwasher safe.
What else are you waiting for? Grab this powerhouse among French presses right away and enjoy a freshly pressed cup of coffee after 4 minutes!
- Made of stainless steel
- Has a vacuum-sealed, double-wall construction
- Features a spill-resistant lid, built-in plunger, and a black silicone, non-slip grip
- Silicone and mesh filter reduce sediment
- Hold 12 oz. of coffee
- Freshly pressed coffee ready for a drink after just 4 minutes
- Maintains heat for hours while remaining cool to the touch
- Easy to use and convenient for busy mornings
- Easy and safe for travel thanks to the non-slip grip
- Does not require much effort to clean – dishwasher safe
- A bit pricey
- The plunger might not go all the way down to squeeze all your grounds
|Filter Type||Silicone and mesh|
Check out this video for a simple step-by-step on how you can make great-tasting coffee using a travel mug from Bodum.
2. AmoVee Stainless Steel French Press Travel Mug
Do you want to bring home a press coffee travel mug, yet the price makes you shrug your shoulder and put it down? Worry not, this French press from AmoVee is an affordable product that does exactly what it says – brewing.
Imagine how amazing it would be to be in the workplace and still be able to sip the authentic coffee you have made at home instead of gulping down cheap instant coffee in the pantry? Whether you are at home, in the office, or on a camping trip, you can always enjoy your favorite beverages as long as AmoVee is by your side.
This 2 in 1 French press is a perfect choice for those who want to drink freshly brewed coffee anywhere, anytime. Thanks to the fact the French press is made of food-grade plastic, this one never fails to give a fantastic lightweight performance of just 0.64 pounds when compared with other French press alternatives.
The high-quality BPA-free plastic this one is made of will give you a maximum safe-for-health, flavorful drink that can beat any instant coffee you can buy. Your coffee experience (as well as a tea if you fancy one) will no longer be the same as this one maintains the flavor of your drinks to the fullest, giving you smooth, aromatic energy liquid at your fingertips.
The compact design makes this one suitable for carrying around to places that don’t have much space. The leak-proof lid allows for seamless storage in a backpack or bag, so you will never have to worry about leakages.
Believe it or not, AmoVee is the ultimate choice for coffee lovers that don’t want to pay through the nose for a decent French press travel mug.
- 2 in 1 travel mug & French press
- Features a compact body made of high-quality food-grade plastic
- Holds 12 oz of liquid for individual size
- Perfect for brewing both coffee and tea
- Easy for bringing along wherever you go
- Has a full spill-proof lid that prevents leakage
- Lightweight and easy clean-up
- Sleek, modern design that is pleasing to the eyes
- Comes only in the black color
|Filter Type||Plunger filter|
|Target||Coffee and tea|
Wanna know more about what makes AmoVee such a good deal compared to other travel mugs available on the market? Then come and watch this video for yourself.
3. GSI Outdoors Commuter JavaPress French Press Coffee Mug
There is no doubt that a well-designed French coffee mug is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes and adds an elegant touch to your living areas. If you care about the exterior design as much as the capabilities of a coffee travel mug, GSI Outdoors has got you covered.
This French press coffee maker has a modern, pleasant to look at the design. With design excellence as the main distinguishing feature, this one by GSI Outdoors is perfect for gifting your loved ones on special occasions like housewarming, birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, to name a few.
This one is made of super-strong BPA-free plastic that does not wear off easily over time. The top is fully leak-resistant so you won’t have to think twice about putting it in your work bag. A twist around the lid lets you open this mug with ease, which will satisfy any coffee lover that wants to have a quick sip without having to unscrew the mouthpiece forever.
The mug is available in 15 oz size, making this one highly adaptable for individual uses. Your fresh coffee stays hot up to a few hours, making this one a reliable companion that keeps you always hydrated.
Dedicated to delivering the highest customer satisfaction, GSI Outdoors doesn’t disappoint even the hardest-to-please customers. Purchase this French press right away and experience it for yourself!
- The tumbler is made of BPA-free plastic, which will not rust and make drinks safe to consume
- Designed with an individual size of 15 oz
- Features a ballistic wrapping cloth for added an secure grip and hand insulation
- Modern, sleek, easy to clean design with 3 basic colors
- The spill-proof cap is well designed to prevent drinks from spilling out
- The inner carafe slides in and out seamlessly thanks to the clever design
- The price is a bit expensive
- The plunger sometimes does not glide as smoothly as usual
|Item Colors||Graphite, green, red|
|Filter Type||Plunger filter|
Want to know if this GSI Outdoors travel mug makes a great addition to your home? Then check out this video to learn what this reviewer’s got to say about the product after using it for some time.
4. Bobble On-The-Go French Press Travel Mug
If you are looking for a comfortable coffee brewing experience, this French press travel tumbler from Bobble is a good option to consider.
Founded in 2010, Bobble has been striving towards products that keep their customers, wallet, and planet equally happy.
This coffee press is a good representation of that mission. It has built-in micro-filters that deliver the coffee shop quality, freshly made, hot coffee right from your home.
In as little as a few minutes, this portable coffee maker will brew the freshly ground coffee you can bring anywhere after the brewing completes.
Coffee is the primary purpose of this French press, but you can use it as a travel tumbler if you wish to carry around your tea.
This product has a durable construction thanks to its main material of high-quality, food-grade stainless steel. It also features triple insulation that prevents your hot drink from getting cold in a short while.
The silicone top capable of withstanding high temperatures is another feature worth mentioning. This one is dishwasher safe, as Bobble knows the last thing you would want to do is cleaning it all with your hands!
- Made from high quality, food-grade stainless steel with a silicone top
- Features three layers of walls that allow for safe and comfortable touch
- The on-the-go design makes this one a chic and convenient travel mug
- Features micro-filter that traps coffee grounds at the bottom and prevent them from passing to the finished drink
- Triple insulation for maximized heat retention
- Easy to clean – dishwasher friendly
- The silicone lid gives off a rubber-like smell that may affect the overall coffee experience
|Item Colors||Multiple colors|
Need an honest review from previous users before spending your hard-earned money on this coffee press? You might want to check out this video for yourself.
5. ESPRO P1 Double Walled French Press Travel Mug
(Best Stainless Steel)
Stainless, stainless, stainless! The highlight of this French press travel mug by ESPRO is so prominent, so much so that it deserves mentioning again and again!
This product is designed to be more durable than other coffee maker alternatives and made from double layers of stainless steel – the pro-quality material that makes up the interior of the cup. The micro-filter mug is perfect for containing a clean, full-bodied French pressed coffee with the highest purity.
The double-wall vacuum construction that this one features has an amazing heat retention capability, which allows you to carry around a hot coffee for quite some time. The twist lid allows for higher temperature control and easy sipping from the cup.
This French press has a well-thought-out design that makes this one easy to be taken apart and cleaned thoroughly. The cool-to-touch exterior makes this one is completely safe for pouring.
This stainless steel French coffee press is big enough to contain 12 oz. of coffee. All of its components can be rinsed easily as this one is top-rack dishwasher-friendly.
- Made from top-quality two-layered stainless steel
- Double-walled insulation allows for higher heat retention capability
- Top-quality durable stainless steel built to last long
- Pure taste and no flavor transfer ensured
- Cool-touch exterior for comfortable and safe pouring
- Available in 4 basic, timeless colors
- The plunger might be hard to pull out if you press it down a bit too much
|Item Colors||Multiple colors|
|Filter Type||Plunger filter|
Here’s a video of how you can make the most out of this stunning product to make authentic French pressed coffee that anyone would fall for.
6. Bodum Insulated Plastic French Press Travel Mug
If you prefer a plastic French press that does its job well, then give this one from Bodem a try!
The double-wall plastic travel mug made of BPA-free material which has a vibrant silicone, non-slip grip is a great companion to those who love sipping their coffee on the go. Your drink will stay hot for a few hours while maintaining its refined taste thanks to this double-wall construction.
This product does such a good job of delivering a quick coffee in minutes. As usual, add a fair amount of coarsely ground coffee, pour in hot water, and seal the lid.
After 4 minutes only, press down on the plunger and drink from the same container to enjoy our favorite energy drink!
This one works equally well for those that prefer tea. The mug is also available in the stainless steel model. The maximum containing limit is referred to as 15 oz of coffee or tea, which is ideal for making a single serving beverage.
- BPA-free double-wall plastic material with a comfortable silicone, non-slip grip
- Holds 15 oz of coffee or tea
- Comes with a bonus stainless steel screen
- Available in a stainless steel version
- Lightweight plastic material (except the steel plunger bar) makes this one suitable for travel use
- Maintain the temperature of your beverages for up to several hours
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- The plunger does not press down to the bottom
- Coffee grounds could escape from below the plunger disk and get in your drink
|Item Colors||Multiple colors|
|Filter Type||Silicone and mesh filter|
|Target||Coffee and tea|
Need a closer look at this French press to decide whether to purchase or not? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with this video.
7. Betterbrew Portable Borosilicate Glass with Plunger French Press Travel Mug
Sick of instant coffee on the road due to the weight limitation of a French press? Then you might want to have a look at this user-friendly, portable one from Betterbrew.
If you are looking for a trustworthy coffee partner, then this product has all it takes to earn that name. It has a portable, elegant design that’s perfect for use anywhere, whether you are in the woods for hiking or at the campsite for all-day team-building activities.
This one features a borosilicate glass inner tube for excellent heat insulation and dual layers safe for touch on the outside.
This easily transportable item is leakproof and fairly good at keeping your coffee warm for longer, making it a must-have for those who love to travel.
The instruction says it is as simple as “Add Coffee, Add Water, Plunge, Drink.”
Thus, you travel lovers no longer have to opt for mediocre instant coffee now that you have with you a traveler-friendly coffee press!
- Has borosilicate glass inner tube and plastic outer cover
- Feature durable materials and tight silicone seal
- Contains a fairly long plunger
- Silicone seal ensures leakproof
- Borosilicate inner construction delivers excellent insulating performance
- Plastic outer shell enables cool and safe handling
- An extra-long plunger allows a greater amount of coffee pressed from the grounds
- You have to push the plunger down hard enough to extract your drink, making it hard to scrape out the coffee grinds
|Filter Type||Plunger filter|
Who doesn’t love a portable French press that does as good a brewing job as any larger alternatives? Come and watch this video for a reliable overview of this item!
8. Stanley Classic Stainless Steel BPA Free French Press Travel Mug
(Best Heat Retention)
If heat retention is a top factor that drives your purchase decision, then this French press from Stanley is a great choice to consider.
Founded in 1913, Stanley has earned a reputation for its superior and durable drinkware. This French press is no exception in any way.
This French press contains two layers of BPA-free stainless steel graded 18/10 walls that work towards superior insulation. Your coffee can stay hot for up to 4 hours, which is undoubtedly nice to have when it comes to drinking coffee as you go.
According to the manufacturer, the stainless steel mesh plunger serves as a filter that holds back the grounds so they have no chance of entering your coffee drink. An amazingly smooth coffee as if store-made is now within your reach in your house!
Brewing couldn’t be easier with Stanley by your side, as you just need to put coffee grounds and hot water inside. Give it 5 minutes to brew. No further action is needed as Stanley does the rest of the work for you!
This dishwasher-safe product comes with a lifetime warranty, so you don’t have to worry about spending your money on a second French press for the rest of your life!
- Contains two layers of BPA-free 18/10 stainless steel walls
- Features a stainless steel mesh plunger for coffee ground filtration
- Double vacuum insulation keeps your coffee hot for 4 hours
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
- Made of tough material that survived even speeding bullets and category 5 hurricanes for improved durability
- Perfect for travel and camping activities
- Leakproof and dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Compatible with car cup holders
- Only comes in Hammertone Green color
- A bit pricey
|Item Colors||Hammertone Green|
|Filter Type||Plunger filter|
|Target||Coffee, tea, soup|
Let’s watch this video to join this reviewer on his camping trip and hear what he thinks about his dream partner Stanley!
9. Planetary Design BruTrek 24 Ounce French Press Travel Mug
This French press from Planetary Design is a top-of-mind choice for those who want a powerful coffee maker or travel tumbler that can brew a wider range of beverages.
This French press “beast” as I call it, will for sure life up to your expectations like another.
The travel mug has a huge capacity of 20 oz and weighs only 14.4 oz while made of professional-grade stainless steel.
The ultra insulated body keeps coffee hot longer than thinner steel and glass models while the exterior stays cool to the touch. And it’s leak-proof and safe to clean the lids and unpainted stainless steel bodies in a dishwasher!
Planetary Design is also proud to say that their BruTrek travel mug comes equipped with an ultra-fine mesh press screen for a better and cleaner taste. The unique design makes this one a perfect choice for the long haul, hot summer trips as you can always have fresh coffee or tea brews after just 5 minutes!
The French press is highly versatile because you can brew coffee, tea, cacao, and maté using just this one. BruTrek also makes a great gift for any occasion, be it for housewarmings, birthdays, holidays, or simply a meaningful present for your coffee-loving friends!
- Made of 18/8 restaurant-grade durable stainless steel
- Features the Bru-Stop technology to make sure no grinds enter your coffee
- Has a double-walled and vacuum-sealed exterior for extra insulation
- The well-designed travel mug has a larger capacity of 20 oz
- Keeps drinks hot for hours
- Keeps the original taste and smooth drinks
- The press technology prevent over-extraction that makes coffee taste bitter
- Have to hand wash the travel mug
|Item Colors||Brushed Steel, Obisidian Black|
|Filter Type||Mesh press screen|
|Target||Coffee, tea, cacao and maté|
10. Zyliss HotMug Black French Press Travel Mug
(Best With Lids)
Looking for a decent French press travel mug with a good lid, yet you haven’t found the one? Worry not, Zyliss is very likely to be the next big love of your life!
With just one compact, classy black mug, you can brew your favorite coffee or tea and take it on the road whenever you want to. The cup has a double layer of insulation that keeps your freshly brewed drinks from getting cold outside.
The pressing process is simple, which involves putting in the ground coffee, hot water and giving it a good press. After the mesh filter has done its job, you can pop the lid on to secure your drink when you are on the go. The solid lid knows how to protect your coffee against spills and turning cold in no time.
This one is highly suitable for making all types of beverages. Hot chocolate, coffee, tea, whichever you want, Zyliss puts it at your disposal. The unit can serve 12 oz of fluid per making.
The BPA-free French press is a perfect choice for those who don’t have time to hand wash the cup after use as this one is fully dishwasher safe. Zyliss is bound to bring you the bliss originated in Switzerland that you never have experienced making the much-needed on-the-go cup of joe!
- Made of food-grade nylon
- Features a fine mesh filter to hold the grounds out of your coffee
- Has double-wall insulation that maintains the temperature of drinks for hours
- The well-designed travel mug has a larger capacity of 20 oz.
- Can accommodate 12 oz of drinks
- A great alternative to a pot of coffee – Suitable for brewing on the go
- Convenient for busy lives – dishwasher safe
- Features a clip-in coffee press that is easy to use
- Has a handle that allows for a convenient, firm grip
- Only comes in the black color
|Filter Type||Mesh filter|
|Target||Hot chocolate, coffee, tea|
Check out this video to hear this reviewer’s impression about this “designed to delight” cup from the 70-year-old Swiss brand Zyliss.
11. Stanley Unisex Green French Press Travel Mug
(Best for Capacity)
This one is another shining candidate from the Stanley brand. The unisex Hammertone Green travel mug is your dream French press if you want to have iced drinks on the go nearby all day long.
The French press is equipped with double vacuum insulation that keeps your cup of joe hot for 4 hours. What’s more, your cold drinks will stay cold for up to 9 hours or iced up to 30 hours – all because of Stanley’s superior insulation.
The “built for life” travel mug comes equipped with two layers of 18/10 stainless steel. The mesh plunger works effectively to keep all coffee grounds out of your cup. The cup has a huge capacity of 48 oz and a wide mouth for easy pouring.
Good news for anyone who dislikes cleaning up as much as I do – every piece of this French Press is dishwasher safe. You just need to toss it in the dishwasher and let the machine do all the work.
The grip handle is firmly fixed to the French press, adding a minimal and stylish look to the cup. Grab this solid cup today and you will understand why Stanley has managed to stand strong since 1913!
- Made of durable stainless steel that withstands even speeding bullets and 4000 ft drops
- Features a grip handle for improved comfort and firmness
- Has double-wall insulation that keeps iced drinks all day
- Comes with a powerful mesh filter for ultimate coffee ground filtration
- Huge capacity of 48 oz – perfect for all-day outdoor activities
- Compatible with most car cup holders
- Dishwasher safe for easy clean-up
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Timeless exterior design
- A little bit pricey
|Item Colors||Hammertone Green|
|Filter Type||Mesh filter|
Watch this video to see how this ultra-powerful French press from Stanley has captured the heart of this coffee lover!
12. Pressopump KOHIPRESS Micro-Filtration French Press Travel Mug
(Best Sludge Free)
The KOHIPRESS French press travel cup from Pressopump is a real lifesaver for those who have been constantly disturbed by the fine grounds mixed up in their coffee.
Pressopump takes great pride in this premium KOHIPRESS French press coffee maker combined with a travel mug. The synergy created by the smart filtration and pressurized immersion system is what allows this one to brew hot or cold beverages in an instant.
In terms of heat retention, this French press performs fantastically thanks to the two-layered insulation walls. The vacuum insulated mug is perfect for daily travel use since it can retain hot and cold drinks for a good amount of time.
The micro-filtration process comes into play when the coffee moves through a steel mesh filter. After this process, you probably cannot believe that the purest, tastiest coffee shop quality coffee without any fine ground is something you can easily have at home. All it takes is one good French press from Pressopump!
The portable mug also comes equipped with a flip-top spout, which lets you drink directly from the same tumbler without spills.
- Made of durable stainless steel
- Features a smart spill-proof flip-top spout
- Components are easy to be taken apart for rinse
- Has a micro-filtration and pressurized immersion process
- Lightweight makes this one easily transportable
- The steel mesh filter keeps coffee grounds separate from filtered drinks for a consistently smooth coffee
- Apart from its original functionality, the drinking spout seals in coffee freshness between sips
- The lid sometimes flips back and touches your nose so you might need to hold the lid back when you drink from the tumbler
|Filter Type||Steel mesh filter|
13. ESPRO Ultralight Double Walled French Press Travel Mug
Got tired of carrying around the tumbler that is as heavy as a stone? Don’t worry about it any longer since ESPRO has got this ultralight travel mug that will save you from the hassle of the heavyweight French press.
Considered the lightest travel press in the world, ESPRO weighs only 7.4 ounces without contents. The super-light travel mug is highly transportable and suitable for long-haul travels. You can brew your drinks and stay hydrated on the road all the time without the hassle of carrying a heavy fluid container.
Ditch those French press that leaves sludges and fine coffee grounds in your drink as this one has a patented microfilter, allowing for an extraordinary grit-free cup of caffeinated juice!
The stainless steel mug comes with double-walled insulation, meaning your brews can keep the temperature for quite some time. Unwanted bitterness from over-extraction has no place in this French press, and you will be thrilled to know that every single cup is consistently flavorful and great-tasting!
- Constructed of solid stainless steel
- The lightest travel mug on the market – only 7.4 ounces heavy
- Features double-walled insulation for better heat retention
- 16 oz size highly suitable for single-serving coffee brews
- Ultra-lightweight makes this one an excellent choice for backpacking and travels
- Produces grit-free coffee with the assistance of two mesh filters
- Easy to clean and top-rack dishwasher safe
- Has a portable and sleek design so your coffee can effortlessly follow you anywhere
- The price is slightly high
|Item Colors||Multiple colors|
|Filter Type||Mesh filter|
|Target||Coffee and other beverages|
This video walks you through the whole brewing process so you can make the tastiest daily cups of energy drink using the second to none ultralight ESPRO.
14. DAVIDsTEA Loose Tea French Press Travel Mug
(Best for Tea)
DAVIDsTEA is a great pick in town for anyone who prefers a French press travel mug specifically for tea.
This travel mug is probably the quickest and easiest way to steep loose leaf tea whether hot or iced in a busy morning. All you need to do is whip out the mug, add loose tea and hot water, then press down to complete the process. Should you feel like a cold tea, just add ice to the cup and you are good to go.
The lightweight body is comprised of double-walled stainless steel. This acts as great insulation protection that allows your tea blend stays hot or cold for up to 8 hours.
The inner sleeve was so well designed with extra room and separate fill lines so you know how much ice to the add-in. The BPA-free Tritan press features a built-in mesh filter that stops the infusion exactly when it needs to, eliminating chances of overstepping your tea.
Be prepared to effortlessly get your tea fix wherever you are, whenever you want. This mess-free French press is a great tea-making accessory for anyone who cannot go past their daily tea even when being on the road.
- Made of lightweight stainless steel
- Includes a BPA-free Tritan press and a splashproof flip lid
- Features double-walled insulation that keeps tea blends cold or hot for hours
- 16 oz size for single-serving tea fix
- The built-in mesh filter holds back even the smallest tea leaves for a clean-tasting tea brew
- The tea press allows for immediate tea infusion to prevent the tea from overstepping and tasting bitter
- Has a compact, travel-friendly design
- Not dishwasher safe – requires hand washing after use
|Filter Type||Mesh filter|
|Target||Hot and iced tea|
Check out this video for detailed usage instructions of this precious tea press that makes a good cup of tea without much effort.
15. Leavitt Bay Coffee Portable French Press Travel Mug
(Best Flavor Preservation)
Leavitt Bay Coffee is a good choice to consider if you have not found the destined French press travel mug that keeps the original flavor of your fresh brews.
The French press can brew both coffee and tea blends within minutes. This one goes out of its way to make sure that your delicious brews still taste the same after sitting in the tumbler for some time. Whether it is coffee, tea, or fused fruit water, one can always rest assured that the last sip will taste just as fresh and flavorful as the first with the reliable Leavitt Bay Coffee.
The portable mug press is highly suitable for outdoor activities, such as road trips, camping, hiking, or backpacking. This one is fully leakproof and easy to clean, which is another plus of this French press. Give it a quick wash with mild soap plus water, and your French press will be as good as ever.
The product is made of premium stainless steel, rugged plastic, and a soft rubber grip. The double-wall construction provides effective insulation so you will never worry about drinking stone-cold fluids after a while.
- Constructed from stainless steel, rugged plastic, and soft rubber grip
- Features double-walled insulation and cool-to-touch exterior
- Brews coffee, tea, or infused water on the road
- The two ridges keep residual coffee grounds and loose tea leaf in the bottom of the mug
- Fits most car cup, holders
- Highly convenient to carry around for outdoor activities
- Comes with a full lifetime warranty
- Not dishwasher safe – requires hand washing after use
|Brand||Leavitt Bay Coffee|
|Item Colors||Black Matte|
|Filter Type||Mesh filter|
|Target||Coffee, tea or infused water|
Check out this video for visual demonstrations on how to use this hassle-free French press travel mug for best results.
When it comes to purchasing the best French press travel mug, the hardest part is listing out all the factors that make a French press a good one. Once you’ve got that down, matching your expectation as well as economic capability with what’s on the market is easy.
Here’s what to consider before you take out your hard-earned money for a French press travel mug:
French press travel mugs nowadays vary greatly in design and functionality, yet the commonality probably lies mostly in the material. Steel, glass, plastic is the things most frequently used to manufacture a French press. Depending on your personal preference and finances, choose one that you feel is best suited to you.
However, I recommend going for stainless steel or glass if possible, as the difference in quality compared to plastic ones is fairly significant.
The affordable plastic stuff might save you a few bucks at the checkout, but you certainly get what you pay for; plus no one can tell how long it will last or perform well as when you just bring it home.
Plastic French presses generally cannot compare with glass and stainless steel ones, which will most likely turn out to be a worthwhile investment in the long run.
Individual Size Or Large Size?
Do you have a family of two or more that also love drinking homemade coffee? Or do you live by yourself?
Even if you live on your own, think about whether or not you are a heavy coffee drinker. This will help you decide if you need to purchase a French press that makes a big batch per making or just a single-serve coffee at a time.
If you only need an easily transportable French press for travel and personal uses, then go for an individual-sized, leakproof one.
My suggestion is that you should look at high-capacity French presses as well, even when you live in a single-person household.
Think about it. Is it true that there are days you just crave for more than one cup at a time? Or some days, you need to make a pot of coffee for all the houseguests that drop by?
For these reasons, I am convinced that the bigger, the better!
Of course, the decision is yours. Whatever French press you go for, think twice about the amount of coffee you would like to make at any given time.
The durability and quality of the filter can make a great difference to your French pressed brews. You probably do not want to have that last sip of coffee/tea full of sludge after enjoying the whole great-tasting cup of brew.
A fine mesh screen filter/plunger is everything you need to stay away from a mouthful of unpleasant grinds. Make sure your mesh filter is durable and can be rinsed easily to avoid spending too much of your precious time on clean-up.
It is always well-spent money when you invest in a leakproof French press travel mug. Ask yourself if you want to see the brew dripping out all over the place when you place it lying down in your backpack?
How about traveling in a car? Do you like it if the water spills when you turn your wheel around a sharp corner? Leakproof is a must-have in many situations, so you might want to spend a few bucks more on a leak-resistant travel tumbler.
As with any household appliances, consider whether or not the French press travel mug that you set your eyes on will fit right in your kitchen or office. French presses come in various designs and colors; therefore, it’s better to spare some time thinking over and choose wisely.
You don’t want your French press to look out of place in your well-decorated living or working areas as if you just found it by chance in a garage sale and casually brought it home without much thinking.
Let’s take a closer look at some commonly asked questions about the best French press travel mug before you get your right one picked out:
My Top Pick
The Bodum Stainless Steel French Press Travel Mug is my go-to French press travel mug that never fails to make a decent cup of press coffee. This French press from BODUM is nothing but an all-around coffee maker and easy-to-use tumbler, which promises an excellent coffee experience wherever you are, whenever you want.
This one features not only double-wall construction but also a spill-resistant lid, a built-in plunger, and a non-slip grip for safe pouring while keeping your drink hot for longer, which allows your single-serving drink to stay hot (or cold if you want) for a few hours.
When you feel so down for doing anything but need a real quick coffee boost, this reliable French press is there to give you everything you need at the fingertips!
After reading my list, have you found any French press travel mugs that you want to buy? What factors will most likely earn it a place in your shopping cart? Is there anything about French presses or other coffee machines that you would love to learn more about? Can’t wait to read what you think in the comment section below!